Speculation over the future of Neymar looks set to rage on for the second consecutive summer amid fresh claims that the Brazilian’s father has made it clear to Paris Saint-Germain that his son wants to leave the Parc des Princes after just one season. 

That is according to Marca, who splashed the latest update to the ongoing saga on their front page on Friday morning.

According to the Spanish sport daily, Neymar Senior informed PSG president Nasser Al-Khelaifi this week that the 26-year-old has asked to sit down and negotiate his summer departure having come to the realisation that he made an error in moving to Ligue 1.

According to Marca, Neymar's father has communicated his son's wish to leave PSG

According to Marca, Neymar’s father has communicated his son’s wish to leave PSG

Neymar himself is said to have met with Real Madrid officials in Paris in December

Neymar himself is said to have met with Real Madrid officials in Paris in December

Neymar himself is said to have met with Real Madrid officials in Paris in December

It is widely believed that Neymar, who cost PSG a world-record £198million from Barcelona in August 2017, wants to play alongside Cristiano Ronaldo at Real Madrid.

It is further claimed by Marca that the player met with Real chiefs in December and communicated to them that he would be prepared to force an exit from Paris in order to return to Spain.

However, PSG are said to be understandably reluctant to sanction the exit of their star forward and insist that he is not for sale at any price.

‘There is no fixed price because Neymar is not on the market, it’s ridiculous and the chances of reaching an agreement with a club are zero,’ a source told Marca on Thursday.

French outlet Liberation suggested earlier this week that Neymar’s father had flown to Sao Paulo on April 24 in order to meet with Pini Zahavi, who acted as an intermediary during his son’s move to PSG.

Neymar reportedly believes he made a mistake in leaving Barcelona for Ligue 1 last summer

Neymar reportedly believes he made a mistake in leaving Barcelona for Ligue 1 last summer

Neymar reportedly believes he made a mistake in leaving Barcelona for Ligue 1 last summer

A source told the publication that he asked the Israeli to ‘open the doors to Europe’s top clubs for his son’. They add that Neymar does not want to move to England, that a return to Barcelona is not an option and that he is out of Bayern Munich’s usual price range, leaving Real as the only real viable option in Europe. 

Neymar needed little time to adapt following his move to French football and enjoyed a stellar campaign before being stretchered off with a fractured metatarsal and sprained ankle during the 3-0 win over Marseille in February, scoring 28 goals and providing 19 assists in just 30 appearances across all competitions amid friction with Uruguayan striker Edinson Cavani. 

The former Santos prodigy returned to Brazil in March for surgery in Belo Horizonte and flew back last weekend, returning to work at PSG’s Ooredoo Training Centre before being pictured watching the team clinch a third domestic quadruple in four seasons with a 2-0 French Cup final win over semi-professional minnows Les Herbiers.

It remains to be seen if Neymar, under contract until 2022, will play any part in a final pair of domestic fixtures against Rennes and Caen as he bids to recover his match fitness before the World Cup in Russia.

The Brazil squad are due to commence a six-day training camp in Teresopolis on May 21 and contest warm-up friendlies against Croatia and Austria before opening their Group E campaign against Switzerland in Rostov-on-Don on June 17.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!